Barclay’s Wine Club Review – 3 Pros – 2 Cons
They company offers up a twelve bottle shipment that comes every three months, including a free gift for your first order.
Now, let’s dive into their wine.
One of their current wines is a 2012 Tremo Tempranillo which upon more research is priced on average around $15 making it easily a few dollars cheaper as apart of this club, a good thing. But how does it taste? Well, I was a little disappointed to see that it received a user rating on another website on average a 3 out of 5 stars. But those are professionals and this club seems to be for novice to beginner drinkers. If you want collectible wines to stock you cellar with and to let age over the next twenty years, then you probably can find a better option.
Anyway, for twelve bottles of wine, you’re looking at $139.99 plus shipping costs, so that being said, let’s get into the pros and cons and see if this company is the one for you.
- The FREE gift that is pictured here to the right. A Magic Decanter which aerates the wine. Haven’t tried one of these myself, but would be interested in picking one up eventually.
- Twelve bottles of wine. That’s a lot of wine and it makes me happy! Instead of paying shipping every single month, you only have to pay every three months.
- Options. You can get 12 reds, 12 whites, or a mixed pack.
- Shipping at $19.95 stings a little. I assume twelve wines in a box gets pretty heavy and really drives up the cost of shipping, but at least you only have to pay that once every three months.
- 6 Wines, 12 bottles. You’ll get two of each wine, which is okay, but it would be cool to get twelve completely different bottles instead of just six different selections.
So, what’s the final verdict? Well, this would make a good gift to send someone, if you are willing to spend the money, which is kind of an expensive gift. I don’t usually spend $160 on anyone that’s not a close family member. So, as a gift, it’s probably a pass for me. Now, for yourself, I’d consider trying it. You do get 12 bottles and the free gift which at their price is a decent value.