Clubs of America Wine Club Review – 5 Things to Know
This place offers a variety of monthly clubs, but how does their wine club stack up? Let’s find out. Oh and also, at the bottom of this review, I have a $10 coupon for you to use.
I tried this company many years ago and unfortunately don’t have any pictures of my shipment to show you. I think I took pics but don’t know where I saved them or if they were deleted.
Alright, so let’s dive into this company and just because six wines are pictured, don’t be confused, you will get two bottles for each shipment. Let’s look at their most recent shipment which contained a 2011 Esterhazy Estoras Gruner Veltliner which I did some research on. You can expect to pay on average $24 for this wine plus the cost of shipping and it has a rating of 89 points which almost puts it into that prestigious 90+ point club, almost. So, if you compare the price of this Austrian wine versus the price of this club at $42.95 which is roughly $21.50 a bottle, you are saving some money by participating in this club.
I also looked into their previous wine selection 2009 Mar De Palha Tinto which averages about $20 to sell, plus the cost of shipping from a wine retailer. So if you factor in the couple of dollars in savings and then free shipping that Clubs of America has, you would be saving money on these hard to find in stores wine. Not huge savings, but definitely some savings and access to wines you wouldn’t really have otherwise.
So, let’s dive into the pros and cons and then wrap it up with my final verdict on whether or not you should pick up one of these shipments.
- Shipping. FREE. Gotta love that.
- Options. You can choose if you want a monthly shipment, every other month, or every three months. Oh, also you can choose red or white or one of each.
- International. You will get wine from Portugal, Austria, Italy, and many more grape growing regions that you may have never tried before.
- Discounts – listed below.
- Monthly newsletter detailing your shipment. Big thumbs up. Must have.
- Price. Compared to just finding the wine and buying it individually, you aren’t really saving that much. You are saving a few bucks and getting a wine you probably wouldn’t be able to find anywhere but online, but still it’s not like you are getting a deal you want to run through the streets and tell your friends about.
- Website. There is no videos, articles, community of wine drinkers, nothing really for those people who want to take their experience to a whole new level with some sort of internet activity.
So, people, what is my verdict for this wine club? As a gift, I’d consider this. But if you are looking for something just for yourself, I’d probably hit this one with a pass. I know a lot of people give these as gifts and this one would surely make the recipient happy, but if you’re like me and want some to subscribe to yourself and enjoy every month, you can probably find something with a little bit more of a value and better overall experience.
Okay, so click the giant green buttons below to reveal the coupons, one for $5 off 3 months, one for $10 off 6 months, so enjoy that. And always, enjoy free shipping with your order.
And additionally, you will get $25 off automatically when you sign up for a year and then try this coupon as well to see if you can get an additional $10 off on top of that. Enjoy!