Global Wine Cellars Review + 50% Off Promotion
Ahah! My latest adventure in the wine club market is the Global Wine Cellars. I was honored to be able to try a shipment of the Discovery Club last week, so let’s dive into my findings.
Oh and also, I have a 50% off promotion to give you as well as the end of my review!
GLOBAL DISCOVERY CLUB (6 Bottles)
To the right is the picture of my six bottle shipment, which came with six red and two whites. The first bottle that immediately peaked my interest was the 2010 Chateau Haut-Peyrillat Medoc from the Bordeaux region in France, which is one of my favorite wine regions.
I love wine with big flavor and this one did not disappoint with mocha, cedar, tobacco, and of course a deep, dark berry. If you were going to pair this baby with some food, you’d easily go for a big piece of red meat. But since I don’t eat meat, I tried it with a piece of wild caught salmon. I know, I know, us non-meat eaters are a crazy bunch!
The second wine I cracked open was the 2011 Henry Fessy Beaujolais-Villages. A great wine with big black fruit flavor that kind of overpowered any other flavors that I could find. Maybe my palette was having an off day detecting more, yet still delicious and paired well with some tasty cheese!
Next up, a rich blend from Argentina, a 2011 Las Nencias Reserve Blend, Mendoza.
I really enjoy wine which has a peppery and tobacco taste that really storms into your mouth with excitement. With endless amounts of boring wines out there, this one does not fall into that category. You can enjoy this baby on its own or with a hearty piece of red meat.
The next wine is a white wine. A 2012 Mercer Estates Riesling, Yakima Valley, which was surprisingly delightful. I haven’t really been a Riesling fan in the past but the tangerine flavors and honeysuckle really blew me away. My wife also stole a glass and was impressed. It’s a tasty fruity wine which would be good with a light dinner or even as a dessert.
I still have two bottles left of the six bottle shipment to try and am really looking forward to it. But if six wines is too much for your likings then you should check out the 3 bottle option they have called the Global Getaway Club, for which I also have a fifty percent off discount code!
- “The Cellar Review” which gives you all the fun tasting notes helping you pair your wine with food and locate all those flavors and aromas and untrained nose has trouble finding.
- Always great wine. They have a group of wine experts, one of which is in the rare Masters of Wine group, so you’ll never be disappointed with your shipments quality.
- If you want to order more of any of the wines you receive, you get a 10 percent off discount.
- Wine from around the world. Really open your eyes to all the different grape growing regions.
- Shipping. Entered my zip code at checkout, which is Los Angeles, CA and was given a price of $19.95. Now, shipping a big box of wine can be pricey, so it’s understandable, but some clubs offer free shipping, so I have to put this in the con category. Also, remember, you don’t pay shipping every month like some two bottle clubs, you pay only one per three months, which is economical.
- No all red or all white options. I pretty much stick to red exclusively, so for me, the two whites are not very appealing, but I’m sure my wife would drink them!
- I didn’t really see any gift options on their site. Many wine clubs are given as gifts, so some sort of checkbox that you could select to send as a gift or allow you to send one shipment would be good to have.
So, what’s my verdict? I know you are dying to know by this point! Well, for me, this is a pretty easy RECOMMEND. I would easily buy this wine club for myself or send as a gift to a friend or family matter. And with the current promotions that Global Wine Cellars is offering will help drop that price down, with half off your first shipment. Use the codes and links below to redeem this discount if you are interested in giving this club a try for yourself.
50% OFF First Shipment (6 Bottle) with code: GLOBALWINE50
50% OFF First Shipment (3 Bottle) with code: GWGETAWAY50