International Wine Club Review – The 4 Bullet Points
Personally, I like international wines. I want to invite people over and pull out that Argentinian wine that makes everyone think I’m a wine god. So, I was searching one of their latest club selections, a 2009 Saddler’s Creek Shiraz, which I can’t seem to find for sale anywhere which might be a good sign. The price tag seems to be in the twenty-something range for that selection as well. That being said, let’s dive into the pros and cons right now and then the verdict on whether you should buy this club or not!
- Shipping is FREE! Always gotta love that free shipping which helps keep that monthly price down. Some companies want anywhere from $10 to $20 in shipping costs every single month!
- International. Most clubs are at least half domestic wine, so it’s nice to be able to get 100 percent shipments of wines from around the globe.
- Good gift. If you are giving this as a gift to someone, it would be a great idea. They also include a newsletter that details all the aromas, flavors, and even food pairings for the wine that comes with your monthly selection.
- Options to get the club once a month, once every two months, or once every three months. Also, you can prepay for a certain period of time if it is a gift for someone. I would give someone three months at least if it was a present.
- Price is a little high for me. For just two wines, $46 is a little bit of an ouch. Personally, I would probably just go buy myself a nice bottle or two from a wine store near my house.
- No 90 plus point guarantee. When looking for international wines and paying over twenty dollars a bottle for them, I kind of want something that is rated a professional score of at least 90 points or higher.
So, is this company a pass, consider, or recommend? I would recommend giving this as a gift, because everyone wants to try international selections that are available in stores. But if this is just for yourself, I’d consider getting it. I would have to sit down and think if the price is really worth it or if I would rather just find a slightly less expensive international option.