Plonk Wine Club Review – (Pictures) & (Prices)
Alright, so let’s dive in right away. I got my shipment of Plonk and opened the box up immediately and snapped the photo below so you could see what everything from opening the box to drinking the wine is like, trying to capture the entire experience for you guys.
Immediately greeted with a nice little thank you note, what a nice touch. Right away, I pulled out the wine information that came with the shipment, going over the selections you were provided with, which even included food pairing suggestions which is fantastic. Some people drink their wine solely with dinner and finding that perfect match can make your meal such an amazing experience. I prefer to have a glass or two later in the night after eating, for a little dessert I suppose. To each his own.
I received a four bottle shipment, the first bottle I opened was a Jules Taylor Sauvignon Blanc, which I excitedly opened even though it mind have only been 3 o’clock in the afternoon, don’t judge me. Anyway, the wine was bursting with passion fruit aromas and flavors that even hinted at a little spice that provided me with a very unique experience.
Over the next few weeks, I worked my way through the other bottles and they did not disappoint. I also found out that they are now offering up a FREE corkscrew with your first shipment for first timers. Two years back when I received my shipment, it wasn’t a part of the package, but I’m glad Plonk has added that. It really adds to the experience, especially if you are buying it as a gift.
Alright, so let’s dive into the pros and cons of this company, discuss the price, and the overall value, and help you decide if this is the right one for you.
- FREE Shipping. Yep. That’s right. Super duper free. Most clubs don’t do this, bask in it, enjoy it.
- Two bottle or Four bottle option. It’s a nice option depending on how much wine you go through.
- Corkscrew. They now offer a free gift just for signing up. Sounds good to me. I had to buy a corkscrew the other day because mine broke on me, I could of used this gift!
- Great website, videos, information, an owner who cares about the company.
- Price. It’s on the high side, which makes me sad. I’m always looking for a really amazing value and this probably isn’t for those super deal seekers, but the wine sure is good. You’re looking at $49.99 for two bottles every month and $89.99 for a four bottle shipment monthly. When you factor in the free shipping, it does help take the edge off the price, since some other clubs charge as much as $20 for shipping.
So, are we looking at a pass, consider, or recommend? For this company, I’m going with consider, which is a really good rating. I don’t necessary feel like I’m getting a great deal and for me, I’m always looking for that great deal where I feel like I’m winning somehow.
But overall, I would consider buying this club for both yourself and to send as a gift. As a gift, I can’t see how anyone wouldn’t like this.