Wall Street Journal Wine Club Review – Plus a 15% Off Discount
My first ever wine club! Before I even knew I liked wine, my grandmother got me this club as a Christmas present. Wall Street’s back alright! Back Street Boys anyone?
Listen, don’t hate me, but I didn’t take any pictures of the wine because I tried this club like a year before I started reviewing these things. But I did find the the two pamphlet things that came with it and scanned those in. The “Welcome to WSJwine” image is one of the things that came within the shipment.
Alrighty, even though it’s been a few years since I’ve tried their wine, they offer the same deal, the same price point, and come on people, no one ever forgets their first.
One of the differences was the free gift that they offer changes from time to time, it wasn’t a corkscrew back them, but actually I prefer the corkscrew, cause I had to go buy one last time! When I tried them I was a total novice, and now I’m quite a bit more experienced. Just like a fine wine, I’ve aged well over the past few years!
First off, I was blown away that I received so much wine, twelve bottles, I didn’t know where to start. I thought that much was going to last me a year, but to my surprise it went pretty fast, haha. I guzzled down the first few bottles in the first month without thinking about it, but after that I really started to pay attention to what I was drinking and smelled the aromas, tasted the different fruits and over the course of the 12 bottles, I learned and learned.
And for $69.99, you’re getting a pretty good deal. Now, keep in mind that the price will go up after the first shipment to $150 and you’ll get shipments every three months until you decide to cancel. I like the fact that there isn’t much risk in that first trial of 70 bucks and if it’s not for you after that point, you have plenty of time to determine if you are going to stick with them.
- Great entry price of sixty nine ninety-nine. Like it, love it, gotta have it. This also makes it a great gift, tons of wine, for one hellaof a present, which it was for me.
- Very nice brochures that come with it, pictured to the right.
- BOOM. Corkscrew. Love it. Not a crappy one either. They say it’s valued at fifty bucks, but I think it’s more like $25 versus comparable models you can find at local stores. Still cool with me, I’m just being nit-picky.
- Reds and/or whites, you can choose. For me, I received all reds because they’re just my true love!
- Mix of international and domestic so you will be able to sample a little bit of everything from all over the place.
- Man, that price really doubles after your first order. I mean, I guess it’s still a decide value to get 12 bottles for $150 but the jump in cost stings my heart a little bit.
- Shipping is $20. My experience was a fast delivery, well packaged, safely packaged, nothing will break on you.
- If you are an EXPERT drinker, this probably is the one for you. But for people like me and others who just enjoy the occasional bottle of wine, you should be happy.
- Well, I don’t think this is necessarily a con, but know that you will get 8 wines, two bottles of some, so it won’t be twelve different selections. For me, this wasn’t an issue, but I guess it could be for some people.
Pass, Consider, Recommend?
I would recommend this wine club to a friend and/or family member and would order from them again. That introductory offer is just too good not to try. If you are interested in wetting your beak in the wine club game, this would be solid starting point. The risk is low and it will make a solid gift or present, especially factoring in the corkscrew, it would seem like you easily paid over a hundred dollars, while instead you only had to shell out 70 smackers.
Also, to get an extra 15 percent off, click the link here and use the coupon “3741002” when checking out. I think it still works, lemme know if it doesn’t.