Wine of the Month Club Review + $10 Off Discount
One thing that has stood out right from the bat about this wine club is how much the president of the company is still involved with picking the wines and talking with customers. The president, Paul Kalemkiarian sends out email newsletters frequently as well with special deal and tasty discoveries of small batches of wine. You can tell the he writers the newsletters himself too, it’s not overly promotional created by some aggressive marketing team. Oh, I also have a promo code for you to use before to save ten bucks!
Anywho, let’s dive into the wine. Is this stuff any good? Well, to start, the packaging is pretty cool. As you can see from the image, it comes in a fancy box, which adds to the experience, especially if you are giving it as a gift. Some clubs comes in a simple shipping box with cardboard liners, nothing like this, not even close.
Now, I prefer red wine, but for sampling a club to review on this site, I’ll often take an option that includes a white as well, just to see how it is. At first sight, the white wine bottle was a little kooky with a hippie themed label that I’ve never seen before. It’s not exactly a label I would have picked for my wine lol, but hey I’m not here to judge. Wait, actually I am here to judge. Duh.
I twisted the cap off, no cork, which is common with white wine. I instantly found myself getting hints of apple and pear, maybe even a little lemon. Not being a huge fan of white wine, there really wasn’t a moment that I didn’t enjoy this one. I decided to have a little before dinner and another glass (don’t tell on me) WITH dinner which was a very pleasant experience. For a very affordable wine, I was quite impressed. This puppy can hang with many of the more expensive offerings.
Next up was the red, which was a Syrah blend, pictured to the right. Now, red wine is my jam, so I was clearly excited for this one. Dark fruit flavors all up in my mouth, maybe even a hint of blueberry which was a refreshing surprise. Want another glass, yes please, I think I’ll have another. I’m not one to spend $20 or $30 on a bottle of wine and I really don’t know many people who do, so I am always on the look out for an affordable bottle at $10 or under and that’s right about the price point here. And the good news here is that it tastes above its price, giving it a great value in my opinion.
Aside from the wine, they send me a whole bunch of information about their different clubs. They offer different levels and qualities depending on your budget and also their Wine Speak brochure which is pictured to the left. This listed the color, nose, palate, finish, and information about where the wine originated. And to my surprise, at the end of the pamphlet, they had FOOD recipes to make and pair with your wine. Talk about going above and beyond what’s required of a wine club.
So, let’s take a moment here and break down the PROS and CONS of the Wine of the Month Club:
- VALUE. If you look at the price of $21.95 versus what you are getting in terms of quality, you are receiving a solid value.
- Options. All red. All White. One of each. Monthly. Every other month. Every third month. You decide.
- The best run wine club. A president who PICKS the wine, writes the emails, creates videos with him in it. All they care about is getting you wine at a good price that you will enjoy and I believe it thoroughly.
- GIFT option. Send as a gift.
- Customers will receive a FREE wine accessory with the purchase of ANY Gift Membership
- Packaging. Some companies just put the wine in safe cardboard liners. This company has the best I’ve seen with their boxes, which adds to the gift experience greatly.
- The presidents name is Paul and my name is Paul. SCORE!
- Shipping. I punched in my current zip code and ground shipping was $9.75 which isn’t the worst for a club but it does bump up the price a bit. Maybe it’s just my hate of shipping costs that makes me angry. But oh, use the coupon below and get $10 off so that will take the sting off.
Okay, so my verdict. Pass, consider, recommend? RECOMMEND BABY! This wine club just gives me a warn fuzzy feeling and has to be one of my favs, if not number one. If I was going to keep a wine club subscription for an extended period of time without cancelling, this would probably be my choice. Plus, the FREE wine accessory you get with your first order AND…
RECEIVE $10 OFF by clicking the link below and then entering promo code: review
“Each month I taste over 400 wines. Through trade tastings, winemaker visits, in-house tasting sessions, and many other venues, I select the two wines that will be featured for that month’s selections.” -Mr. Paul Kalemkiarian (President of the Wine of the Month Club)
They also hooked me up with one of their gift baskets free of charge for reviewing their club. Before they even knew if the review was going to positive of negative. These are my kinda people!
Let me know your experience, review or comment here!