Zagat Wine Club Review – 3 Extra Bottles w/ First Shipment
This was the third wine club I’ve tried and people, lemme tell you, I’ve tried a lot since. So, what’s the deal with the zagat wine club? Is this any good? Well, let’s dive in and talk about it, I’ve got lots of pictures of my shipment. Oh, and be sure to look at the bottom of this review for two different deals you can take advantage of. One with three FREE bottles or the other with FREE wine glasses. You can choose.
One day, I get a knock on my door and it’s a nice delivery guy with a wine shipment. Already excited. I sign for it, run into my house and crack open that package immediately! It’s a big box, 12 bottles of wine in there people. There is a nice welcome poster thanking me for my order and welcoming to their wine club. Pretty cool. Thank me? Thank you!
Of course I got into the wine right away, it was a warm summer day and I wanted to sit back in the air conditioning and sip on some wine. I tried the very first bottle of red wine that they had because red is my fav. It was a tasty Cabernet, full of dark berry flavors and even hints of oak and pepper that were tough to locate but gave so much extra to it. My first two bottles, pictured to the right, were very pleasant and gone in about four days! Uh oh. I slowed down on the other ten that I had and shared them with friends, the wife, family, because I think wine is best drank with loved one. Awww. I know. Shut up, okay.
I received a mixed pack of both white and red, just so I could try them and review their selections, but I would probably stick with all reds in the future, one of their options to choose from.
Aside from the wine, your order comes with all this cool information about what you are actually drinking. The region is came from, aromas, flavors, food pairing suggestions and more. On top of that, they offer a nice little freebie for you, which is four wine glasses. That was pretty cool, although the glasses were smaller than I thought they would be, more like the small restaurant size they use to make you think you’re getting a really full glass. They are more like wine tasting glasses to try a variety of options at once, but either way, I’ll that them, cool in my book. I still use them today.
Alright, so we’ve discussed what you will get with your shipment, talking about the wine, now let’s get into the pros and cons of this company, so you will know what you’re getting yourself into.
- Price. Intro price of $69.99 is pretty amazing, but shipping will bump that up, more about that later. Oh, and also know that the price essentially doubles after that first order, so every three months, you will continue to get a shipment of 12 at the higher price, which isn’t a bad deal when you look at price per bottle, just FYI.
- Freebie. Free wine glasses. Still use mine today on a regular basis. They are a quality brand too, not cheap ones from Walmart.
- Information. All the info about the wine you could want and need. Enjoyable. Fun to read. Thank you for including.
- Options. Red, white, or some of both. Whatever you prefer.
- Shipping. Blerg! $20 for shipping makes me sad, but it’s a pretty big box I guess and you only have to pay it every three months which is a plus, but hey, I hate paying shipping, always have and always will!
- Novice to moderately experienced wine drinkers should be very happy with this club, but if you are the type of persons who collects wine and wants 20 year old selections, etc, this isn’t for you. But for the average Joe like me or you, you should be all set.
- Wine glasses were a tad small.
- Duplicate Wines. You will get 8 different selections, so some will be two bottles of the same thing to make it 12 bottles. This wasn’t a big deal for me, but something to be noted.
So, what’s the deal? Am I going to give this a recommend, consider, or a big fat pass? Drum roll please………..
Recommend! I would buy this club for myself, for a friend, for a family member. However, I wouldn’t buy it for that weird uncle who has a cellar full of collectible wines he bought at some kooky auction.
They’ve also provided us with two deal options. The first link sends you to their 15 bottle first shipment which means you get three bottles free, but NO wine glasses. The second gets you 12 bottles and the free wine glasses, which is better if giving as a gift. But if it’s for yourself and you have glasses, go for the 15 pack baby!